Why do documents need to be notarized?
Public notary acts as a third-party witness to not only the signature of a document, but also all parties who signed a document did so under their own free will.
- California Copy Certification by Document Custodian
- Certificate of Acknowledgment
- California Jurat Certificate
Please take not the Notary cannot act as a witness
- Bring a valid, government issued photo ID with you when you visit for notary services.
- Laws vary by state and some documents may require witnesses in addition to the notarization.
- The notary cannot act as a witness.