Please note: Mandatory Orientation include: Assessment, fingerprinting, CPR, fingerprint, drug screening, and textbooks. On the day of orientation, do not wash hands or use hand lotions. Bring social security number and a photo ID with your current name. Allow 6 hours.
Vasco Career College Certified Nursing Assistant Program prepares students to provide patient care primarily in long-term care, skilled nursing, and hospital settings. The Course requires 50 hours of classroom setting and100 hours in clinical facilities with a total clock hours of 150. A Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) is an entry-level healthcare professional, works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) and/or a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). Core curriculum content include all topics listed in the California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Section 71835, and Code of Federal Regulations, Section 483.152
UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
· Introduction to Nursing Assistant
· Patients’ Rights
· Communication & Interpersonal Skill
· Prevention and Management of Catastrophe and Unusual Occurrences
· Body Mechanics
· Medical & Surgical Asepsis
· Weights & Measures
· Patient Care Skills
· Patient Care Procedures
· Vital Signs
· Emergency Procedures & Safety
· Care of the long-Term Resident
· Rehabilitative Nursing
· Observation & Charting
· Death & Dying
General Admissions Requirement
· Applicants must be 18 years or older. All applicants must present a valid State issued Identification.
· You must have a social security number.
· Proof of High School Graduate/GED or a degree higher than High School Diploma.
· Felony, drug, theft, and certain convictions are not allowed. Background check, and drug screening required.
· Physical exam, TB screening, Live Scan, and immunization as required by externship site.
· Applicants must complete all requirements one week before program start date.
· $1500 Tuition
- $45.00 Uniform, Gait Belt, Stethoscope, Sphygmomanometer
- $3.75 STRF
- · $200 Registration Fee (Non Refundable)
· Fees do not include CPR, fingerprint, drug screening, and textbooks.
· VCC does not provide financial aid
· Payment plan available