This program requires 147 hours of classroom didactics, 72 Laboratory hours, and 160 hours of externship for a 379 total clock hours. This is a certification program; there is no prerequisite for this course. This is a profession that is ideal for those who are interested in pursuing success in the healthcare industry. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of pharmacy technicians and aides is expected to increase by 20% from 2012 to 2022**
This course is designed to help you acquire the specialized skills, knowledge, and work habits that you will need to pursue an entry-level position as a pharmacy technician in a retail and hospital pharmacies. This is a combination of formal classroom instruction, skills laboratory, and valuable real-world experience through a clinical externship at an approved local facility. Our pharmacy technician gradates will receive a Certificate of Course Completion and be eligible for license by the California Board of Pharmacy and may optionally sit for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
This course must be completed with an overall grade point average of 2.5 or higher is required prerequisites are not required for this course.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older. All applicants must present either a State issued Identification card/driver’s license or passport.
- Must have a social security number, US Citizen or a permanent resident.
- Proof of High School Graduate/GED or a degree higher than High School Diploma
- Felony, drug, theft, and certain convictions are not allowed. Background check, and drug screening required.
- Physical exam, TB screening, and immunization as required by internship site
Applicants must pass English and Math proficiency test to obtain admission.