Vasco Career College Nursing Assistant Training Program prepares you with the tools to provide basic care to patients as directed by Licensed Nurses. The Nursing Assistant may perform duties such as taking vital signs, bathing and dressing, serving meals, answering calls for assistance, observing, reporting and recording changes in resident’s condition or behavior and many others.
CNAs work with medical technology, health information software, and medical record charting software. Upon successful completion of this course you will be prepared to take the state competency exam to become a Certified Nursing Assistant who will work in a long-term care facilities, some hospitals, and some private homes. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics Standard Occupational Classification Code (SOC 31-1131). This is 60 classroom hours and 100 clinical hours, plus laboratory hours for skills practice prior to clinical use of skills. There are no prerequisites required.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older. All applicants must present either a State issued Identification card/driver’s license or passport.
- Must have a social security number, US Citizen or a permanent resident.
- Proof of High School Graduate/GED or a degree higher than High School Diploma
- Felony, drug, theft, and certain convictions are not allowed. Background check, and drug screening required.
- Physical exam, TB screening, and immunization as required by internship site
Applicants must pass English and Math proficiency test to obtain admission.