VCC EKG Training Program prepares you with the skill to assist physicians in performing cardiovascular exams on patients for diagnostic, therapeutic, or research purposes. Explain the function and process of EKG exams to patients prior to the test. EKG technician work in a hospital or doctor’s office. Bureau of Labor Statistics Standard Occupational Classification Code (SOC 29-2031). The program consists of 60 hours of classroom instruction and 25 laboratory hours. Total clock hours of 85. This program will prepare you to take the Certified EKG Technician exam (CET) through the National Healthcare Association (NHA). There are no prerequisites for this program.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older. All applicants must present either a State issued Identification card/driver’s license or passport.
- Must have a social security number, US Citizen or a permanent resident.
- Proof of High School Graduate/GED or a degree higher than High School Diploma
- Felony, drug, theft, and certain convictions are not allowed. Background check, and drug screening required.
- Physical exam, TB screening, and immunization as required by internship site
Applicants must pass English and Math proficiency test to obtain admission.