VCC Clinical Medical Assistant prepares you to manage the back office procedures in a physician’s office. Perform duties such as taking and recording vital signs, medical histories, prepare patients for examination, draw blood, and administering medications as directed by physician. Bureau of Labor Statistics Standard Occupational Classification Code (SOC 31-9092). The program consists of 160 hours of classroom instruction and didactics in addition to 160-hours externship with a total 320 clock hours. This program will prepare you to take the Certified Clinical Assistant examination (CCMA) through the National Healthcare Association (NHA). There are no prerequisites for this program.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older. All applicants must present either a State issued Identification card/driver’s license or passport.
- Must have a social security number, US Citizen or a permanent resident.
- Proof of High School Graduate/GED or a degree higher than High School Diploma
- Felony, drug, theft, and certain convictions are not allowed. Background check, and drug screening required.
- Physical exam, TB screening, and immunization as required by internship site
Applicants must pass English and Math proficiency test to obtain admission.