VCC Medical Administrative Assistant/Billing and Coding program prepares you to manage the front desk of a dental or medical office, hospitals nursing homes. Perform routine administrative tasks to keep the offices of physicians and other health practitioners. Duties include answering telephones, updating and filing patients’ medical records, filling out insurance forms, handling correspondence, scheduling appointments, arranging for hospital admission and laboratory services, and handling billing and bookkeeping. Bureau of Labor Statistics Standard Occupational Classification Code (SOC 43-6013). The program consists of 160 hours of classroom instruction and didactics in addition to 160-hours externship with a total 320 clock hours. This program will prepare you to take the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant exam (CMAA) through the National Healthcare Association (NHA). There are no prerequisites for this program.
01/08/19-02/16/19 + 4 weeks internship
03/05/19-04/13/19 + 4 weeks internship
04/30/19-06/01/19 + 4 weeks internship
06/22/19-07/27/19 + 4 weeks internship
08/17/19-09/28/19 + 4 weeks internship
10/12/19-11/16/19 + 4 weeks internship
- Applicants must be 18 years or older. All applicants must present either a State issued Identification card/driver’s license or passport.
- Must have a social security number, US Citizen or a permanent resident.
- Proof of High School Graduate/GED or a degree higher than High School Diploma
- Felony, drug, theft, and certain convictions are not allowed. Background check, and drug screening required.
- Physical exam, TB screening, and immunization as required by internship site
Applicants must pass English and Math proficiency test to obtain admission.