Medical Billing and Coding
VCC Billing and Coding training prepares you for an expansive range of opportunities for employment in hospitals, physician offices, surgery centers, nursing homes, dental offices, home healthcare agencies, mental health facilities, insurance companies, as well as consulting firms. Duties include; compile, compute, and record billing, prepare billing invoices for services rendered. Bureau of Labor Statistics Standard Occupational Classification Code (SOC 29-2070). The program consists of 125 hours of classroom instruction and a 160-hour Clinical externship. Total clock hours of 285. This program will prepare you to take the Certified Billing and Coding exam through the National Healthcare Association (NHA). There are no prerequisites for this program.
SAT- 9:0AM – 5:00PM *10 weeks*
03/07/20-05/09/20 + 4 weeks internship
05/23/20-07/25/20 + 4 weeks internship
08/08/20-10/10/20 + 4 weeks internship
- Applicants must be 18 years or older. All applicants must present either a State issued Identification card/driver’s license or passport.
- Must have a social security number, US Citizen or a permanent resident.
- Proof of High School Graduate/GED or a degree higher than High School Diploma
- Felony, drug, theft, and certain convictions are not allowed. Background check, and drug screening required.
- Physical exam, TB screening, and immunization as required by internship site
Applicants must pass English and Math proficiency test to obtain admission.