VCC Medical Administrative Assistant/Billing and Coding program prepares you to manage the front desk of a dental or medical offices, hospitals, and nursing homes. Perform routine administrative tasks to keep the offices of physicians and other health practitioners. Duties include answering telephones, updating and filing patients’ medical records, filling out insurance forms, handling correspondence, scheduling appointments, arranging for hospital admission and laboratory services, and handling billing and bookkeeping. Bureau of Labor Statistics Standard Occupational Classification Code (SOC 43-6013). The program consists of 160 hours of classroom instruction and didactics in addition to 160-hours externship with a total 320 clock hours. This program will prepare you to take the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant exam (CMAA) through the National Healthcare Association (NHA). There are no prerequisites for this program.
General Admission Requirements:
- Obtain and read the Vasco Career College catalog, Performance Fact Sheet, and select the program of interest
- Copy of High School Diploma/ Equivalent
- Applicant must be 18 years or older
- Valid Identification Card
- Social Security Number
- Drivers License/ State I. D
- Health Assessment, Immunization requirements and Drug Screen
- Current CPR/BLS Certificate (American Heart Association)
- Complete an enrollment agreement and registration
- Pass English and Math Assessment Test
- Payment of tuition
- Purchase textbooks
- Purchase required supplies
Classes will be held at 1227 Hilltop Mall Rd Richmond, CA 94806
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OUT OF POCKET AMOUNT. THE SCHOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE FINANCIAL AID. IF YOU GET A STUDENT LOAN, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REPAYING THE LOAN AMOUNT PLUS ANY INTEREST.
Request a Quote or 510-243-7400 today.