Vasco Career College – Richmond, CA
Vasco Career College School of Health Care Education in Richmond, CA is seeking a Medical Billing and Coding Instructor for our Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Program. The successful candidate will teach half time and perform administrative support duties for the program when not instructing.
The Medical Billing and Coding Specialist instructor will teach 4 hours per day from 9:00am to 1:00 pm,1:30pm to 5:30pm or 6:00 to 10:00 pm. This course is a Billing and Coding Specialist course, so coursework is focused solely on Billing and Coding.
Starting salary is $25.00 – $27.00 per hour depending on knowledge and experience in both the medical and education fields.
GED/Preferred Associate’s Degree
Medical Billing and Coding Certification from a nationally recognized agency
• Preferred 3+ years of experience in a multi-physician office
• Experience in ICD-9 and ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding
• Must possess a current AHA Healthcare Provider CPR card
• Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology and patient education
• Some level of teaching or training experience is preferred
• Outstanding English communication skills, both orally and written
• Computer literacy and competency with the MS Office Suite
• Must be able to pass a background screening
• Ability to self-motivate, set and achieve goals, and inspire others to do the same
• Must be upbeat, patient, and professional towards all students and fellow employees
Additional qualifications may include:
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.00 to $27.00 /hour