Vasco Career College is seeking qualified instructors for our Nursing Assistant Training Program in Richmond, California. Overview: Under the supervision of the Program Director(s), NA Instructors serve as the primary teachers for both theory and clinical training for the CNA program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Direct responsibility for teaching course curriculum and for carrying out lesson plan, maintaining and reporting attendance, test scores, and competency records.
• Responsible for delivering a quality educational experience for students.
• Ensuring that curriculum is up-to-date, effective instructional delivery methods are employed.
• Ensuring students are treated in a fair and equitable manner aiding our students in achieving their goals.
• Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, directing, and evaluating the organizations fiscal function and performance.
• Enforce program policies and regulatory requirements by the Institution, CDPH, and other agencies. Perform initial clinical site evaluations prior to student assignment.
• Allowed make-up class, as such all make-up time must be hour for hour with the instructor present. Ensure make-up theory and clinical assignments are provided according to the Department approved lesson plan.
• Comply with VCC and regulatory and other relating agencies Policy & Procedures.
• California RN or LVN License (active, current, and in good standing
• Valid California Director of Staff Development Certification. Must meet the requirements of CCR Title 22, § 71829.
• Two (2) years of nursing experience: one (1) year in a long term/skilled nursing facility providing direct patient, one (1) year experience in planning, implementing and evaluating educational programs in nursing.
• Position: AM, PM, WEEKEND
Instructor ratio is 15 students to one instructor.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $27.00 to $30.00 /hour