The Pharmacy Technician Program will prepare students to assist pharmacists in their day-to-day tasks. These professionals work under the supervision of licensed Pharmacists and other health care providers. Program certification requires 219 hours classroom instructions and a 240-hour externship, total clock hours 459.
Upon successful completion you will be able to:
- Collect, organize, and evaluate patients information for accuracy
- Prepare medication orders, inventory, stock shelves, and fill prescriptions
- Perform aseptic technique in a horizontal LAH and prepare IV piggyback orders
- Compute pharmaceutical calculations, reconstitute sterile drugs, and proper storage of medications
- Compound suspensions, suppositories, capsules, creams, eye and eardrops, gels, ointments, and chewables
- $2500 includes STRF, supplies, extern, and exam certification
- $125 Registration Fee (Non Refundable)
- Fee does not include CPR, uniform, fingerprint, drug screening, and textbooks
- VCC does not provide financial aid.
- Payment plan available
TEXTBOOK: Required textbooks are sold separately
- The 21st Century Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Tech/ Lab Manual by Mosby’s 1/E
- Math Calculation for Pharmacy Technician 2/E
- Pharmacy Management Software/ A Work text 2/E
Graduates will be qualified to apply for state registration with the California State Board of Pharmacy. The Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) and the National Certification Exam (NHA) are optional.